Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Avocado Toast


One of my favorite breakfasts starts with the simplest ingredients.  This is so filling and gratifying.


Select a good sized Haas avocado.  I prefer to pick mine that are quite firm, not yet ripe.  I find they haven't been squeezed to death by every Tom, Dick and Harry at the market.  I bring them home and place them in a brown paper lunch bag for a day or two; checking each day to see how they are progressing.  When they give to a light squeeze I put them in the refrigerator.


 The next star of the show is a good egg.



 Toast whatever kind of bread floats your boat.  I like to make sure it is brown and crispy.


Mash up 1/2 of the avocado.  Depending on the size of your toast you can use up the half.  Slather as much of it or as little of it on your toast as you want.  It's your breakfast.


 
Then top with your egg.  I prefer an over easy, runny yolk or a poached egg.  But I made my second toast of the morning with some scrambled eggs and they were just as heavenly.

Sprinkle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and go out on the front porch and enjoy your breakfast.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment