Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Parmesan-Turkey-Ranch Rollups


I was flipping through my recipe files looking for something easy to prepare for this past Super Bowl Sunday.  I made Beef Stew for dinner, but wanted to have some snacks to munch on between church and the game.  

Lovey is pretty hard to cook for because he's such a picky eater.  This one seemed to be a good choice because it has several elements that he likes; flour tortillas, roasted turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, well....they had the right stuff.

 
There's not a lot of prep work.  Turkey is from the Deli (I had it sliced very thin),  veggies are diced, and the Parmesan grated.


The base of the rollups is Ranch dressing.  I prefer Hidden Valley made from scratch rather than purchased pre-made in the bottle; and I'm partial to the mix that calls for buttermilk.  Use whichever floats your boat.




Use 6" to 7" flour tortillas.  I laid all mine out on the counter and prepared them assembly-line style.  Spread each tortilla with the dressing.


Sprinkle each with the cheese, green onions, and tomato


Lastly, add the turkey then the lettuce.  Roll them up cigar-style and secure with toothpicks.  I suppose you could slice these into individual bites, each secured with its own toothpick.  I knew Lovey would just pick up a whole one and eat it so I didn't bother.

I also set out a small bowl of extra ranch dressing for dipping.  I thought they benefited from a little extra dressing
 
They were easy and Lovey approved; that in itself was satisfaction.



Parmesan-Turkey-Ranch Rollups
Yield:  8 rollups

Ingredients:
3/4 cup ranch dressing + extra for dipping
8 (6" - 7") flour tortillas
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 green onions
1 medium tomato
2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
12 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey

Mise en Place:
  • if making from scratch whist together the ranch dressing
  • grate cheese
  • dice the green onions (white and green parts)
  • seed and dice the tomato
  • chop the lettuce
Method:
Lay out all of the tortillas on the counter (I placed mine on wax paper).  Spread the dressing evenly on 1 side of each tortilla.  Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan, green onions, and the tomato.

Divide the turkey among the tortillas and top with the lettuce.  Roll up the tortillas and secure with toothpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment