Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pork Chops Baked in Mushroom Gravy

Another night of 'cooking from the hip'.  It kind of bothered me that I was going to serve pork to my nephew two nights in a row, but after I thawed out this baggie of what I thought were chicken breasts I really had no choice but to use them.

So, into the pantry I ventured to see what I might use to make some pork chops.  I knew I wanted to bake them and not fry them up.




I found a small can of tomato sauce that I spread out on the bottom of a baking dish.




I placed the pork chops on top of the tomato sauce and seasoned them with salt and pepper.  I must say these were some mighty fine pork chops.  I began to hope it was OK that I was using these.  Jim might have to start placing "do not use" stickers on his freezer stash.




I found a box of this in the pantry and there was a recipe for a mushroom gravy on the side of the box.



It cooked up nice and quick in a saucepan (all by itself...I didn't have to do a thing).




I poured the gravy on top of the pork chops, topped with some sprigs of thyme (because Jim had lots of thyme) and stuck the pan in the oven.




These baked for about an hour at 350°F.




I roasted some small potatoes to serve with the pork chops.



By the time they were done the pork chops had finished their "resting period" and the nephew and friend arrived home from a wrestling match that surely had them famished.



 Here is the perfect nephew pouring himself a healthy glass of milk to accompany his dinner.  I'm sure he is thinking "My Aunt Jamie rocks...




 because she feeds me and my friends!"
 

 



 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment