Monday, December 3, 2012

Caramel Maple Leaf Cupcake Toppers

I had to make some cupcakes with a Fall theme recently so I made maple cupcakes with a maple buttercream frosting.



These are what I liked most about them.

Each little maple leaf started out as a square of Brach's caramel.  I put a caramel in the microwave for about 3-5 seconds (test with your own microwave's power).  You definitely don't want them to melt.  They should be softened just enough to make them more pliable to roll out.




Roll a caramel out between 2 pieces of wax paper.



Unless you work really, really fast I would suggest softening up and rolling out one caramel at a time.

 
With a small leaf-shaped canapĂ© cutter press your leaf shape out.  Make each vein indention with the back of a paring knife.



When finished, gently place a caramel leaf on top of each cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment